Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Mom's Best Friend

With Witt going to the ER this past week, I am once again so thankful for my top of the list, puts my mind at ease, helps a momma not to worry at night, must have baby product: The Angelcare Monitor.

Through a pad that goes under the mattress, this monitor is able to detect the slightest motion within the crib . So slight as to detect whether the baby is breathing or not. If there is no motion detected for 15 seconds, a warning signal sounds. After 20 seconds, you get a full alarm.

I have used this monitor with all three of my children every night until they were at least one (it's still with Witt as he's only 5 months). Will, now 5 years old, set the alarm off twice in his first two weeks home and the doctor prescribed a monitor that stayed on him to recorded his breathing for a month. (I think he just out-grew it because he was fine after that.)

Now, don't think this monitor is only for the extreme cases. How many of you mom's out there have found yourself in the baby's room laying your hand on him/her in the middle of the night "just to check"? And then of course when the baby's sick, you check more, right? This monitor totally puts my mind at ease knowing that the "just checking hand" is alway checking - every second of every minute he sleeps.

Can I survive without it? Yes, of course, but this is a "luxury item" I have fully appreciated with each child. I know I sound like an advertisement, but I whole heartedly recommend this to every mom with a baby; it will be your best friend! :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

a luxury that gives you peace of mind. i'm glad we haven't needed anything like this.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I agree... this is a great luxury item to have when you have babies!!!

Great to visit your blog today :)

Valerie
http://homeschoolblogger.com/socalval

Lara said...

That sounds like a wonderful thing to have if you have sick babies! I was blessed with big healthy babies so I have to admit I didn't worry too much about them.

Anonymous said...

That seems like a great baby item to have. I did not know about it when mine were that little.

Kassie said...

Can you believe with 7 kids I've never had a monitor? Thankfully we've had super healthy kids and have not needed one. Glad there is something out there like this to give more parents peace of mind.

Anonymous said...

I'll admit, I never worried much about my babies, but this is definitely a great idea. I'm actually surprised I never saw it before.

Montserrat said...

I'll admit I haven't worried too much about my babies either. I do have a monitor though because our school room is across the house and downstairs from the baby's room and I can't hear when he wakes up. I can see how this is a great item for those babies who are prone to being sick or mamas who just want that extra piece of mind.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I have the same monitor and I do love it.