Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Me... In List Form

In no particular order, just random info about me...

1. My legal name is Rebecca, but only my Grandmother calls me that.
2. My husband called me "Miss Becky" while we dated (southern farm boys, gotta love 'em)
3. I was born a yankee, but now call the south "home".
4. I am the oldest of three children.
5. I have lived in 8 different states.
6. I am a Christian.
7. I know how to drive a 5 speed.
8. I have a BS degree in Chemical Engineering from Georgia Tech.
9. I got engaged on a 4-wheeler in a cow pasture. (again, southern farm boy...)
10. I was a cheerleader in high school.
11. I did nothing extra-curricular in college (unless you include work).
12. I do not drink or smoke.
13. I prefer dogs to cats.
14. I love to scrapbook when I have the time.
15. I really enjoy cooking.
16. I am honest, sometimes too honest.
17. One of my pet-peeves includes incorrect grammar when speaking. (although mine isn't perfect!)
18. I have no desire to try sushi.
19. I go brain-dead when I am over stressed.
20. I function best after 9 hours of sleep (not that that happens anymore...)
21. I enjoy algebra.
22. I like to try to do things by myself first.
23. My breakfast is usually a cup of half-caff coffee and lots of milk. (UPDATE: now soy milk)
24. I want to learn how to knit (even just a blanket would be nice).
25. I don't like heights.
26. I don't keep secrets from my hubby.
27. I have 4 close friends that I can tell anything.
28. I think it would be interesting to serve jury duty.
29. I have a POOR sense of direction. (that's what the southern farm boy is for! *wink*)
30. I tend to speak before I think.
31. I would love to grow a vegetable garden. (again, that southern farm boy will come in handy someday!)
32. I love planting flowers. (I didn't say watering and caring for... so sad, poor flowers.)
33. I enjoy going to the mailbox each day.
34. I rock my babies before bed (Will gets a story or a song - his choice).
35. I love cold weather - big comfy warm clothes and blankets, hot cocoa, and fires
36. My husband spoils me. (Truly, he does in many ways.)
37. I kiss my hubby every day at the door before he leaves for work.
38. I generally fall asleep easily at night.
39. I have watched Days of Our Lives since I was ummm... born. (thanks, Mom!)
40. I enjoy computer programming (especially in VB and Access).
41. I learn best through hands on trial and error.
42. I don't take enough time for myself.
43. I prefer the mountains to the beach.
44. I have been to China. (thanks Uncle Jim!)
45. I am enjoying learning sign language and teaching my children.
46. I was almost fluent in Spanish (you lose it if you don't use it).
47. I can be sarcastic.
48. I love stationary but hardly send handwritten notes.
49. I think my boys are beautiful.
50. I am very happy where Boys Rule My Life. =)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That was a great list!
We have quite a few things in common.
Just wanted to let you know that the answer to your question is up on my blog today.
Thanks so much for participating!

Sally said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog through Crunchy Chicken's challenge list, and was amazed at the number of things we have in common as well. I'm also almost fluent in SPanish (having not used it much since I quit my high school teaching job two years ago to stay home with my oldest, Nathan!). I sort of feel like I'm a version of you three years ago! ha! I also love cooking, am the oldest of 4, have a husband who spoils me, fall asleep easily at night, want to stop watching as much tv (even PBS), etc. etc.... I think I'll enjoy reading your blog!