Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankful

This week's unplugged project is entitled "Thankful". For us, this wasn't a big artsy project, more of a conversation (which we were going to have anyway being Thanksgiving and all). So it worked out well for us. ANYWAY>>>


WILLIAM

Will said he is thankful for his family, the sweet garden outside and his trains. I was not surprised by the train comment at all. The sweet garden outside, well, that threw me. What garden? All our flowers are dead. (I'm not good at watering.) So with further questioning, it appears that he wants to plant flowers outside. I'm planning to fulfill that wish, but it might have to wait until Spring.


NATHAN

Well, Nathan still doesn't say a whole lot these days. He's adding more words occasionally, but the one thing I hear about at least three times a day is his Pa-Paw (Brrrmmmm). He loves the tractor rides Pa-paw gives. Here is Jeff's dad making some silly faces and having some fun with Nathan. So, I'm going to speak for Nathan here and say he's thankful for his Pa-Paw's Brrrmmm. :)


WITTMAN
Witt, I'm sure, is thankful for his family. We all take such good care of him. Here's Grandmother (Jeff's mom in red) and Great-Aunt Debbie (Jeff's Aunt in white). He loves kisses, silly faces, and a good tickle on his chubby little legs, but Mommy is his favorite person in the whole wide world (for now...).

JEFF
Upon asking Jeff what he was thankful for, he said he was thankful that we've all made it through another day alive. (When I was growing up, my mom always said that if we all made it through the day alive, she and Dad felt like they must have been doing something right. This was her advice that she passed on to us when we became parents.) *smile*

ME

I'm thankful for sweet, innocent moments.

For little kids trying to do what big kids do.



For fun rock collections and the sparkling smile in showing them off. "See what I found!?!"

For little boys that aren't too little and yet still not too big.

I am thankful for sleeping babies and for the gentle touch that helps keep them warm and snug.

For generations of mothers who love to hold a baby and rock.


And I'm thankful for the dishes, the laundry, and all the leftover food we have because that means my family has eaten well and played hard.

And just for fun, I'm thankful for little conversations like this one in the video below. This is Will with Jeff's cousin, Randi. We are discussing Will and his "girlfriend", Shay, whom he says he is going to marry when he is "all growed up". To preface this conversation even more, he said that they will move into our house and Jeff and I will move out. :)



Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! We sure did!

Head over to Unplug Your Kids to enter your Thankful project and get more information on next week's project, "Paper".

5 comments:

Gottfredsen said...

Those are definetly some wonderful things to be thankful for.

Tamara said...

What great ideas and such adorable photos!

Garden State Kate said...

What a lovely conversation to have,
your boys are adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a nice post! Those are sweet photos and all wonderful things to be thankful for. That conversation is hilarious - Shay is going to do his laundry?? Too funny! Thanks for joining in (and for the chuckle). I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

Andree said...

That's a riot! I hope you are packing! Just tell those kids to send money! LOL

Very sweet. I hope the rest of your holidays are as sweet.