Friday, January 25, 2008

First Kiss

So, you've heard me talk about Shay,Will's *girlfriend*, before at the bottom of this post.

Yesterday I am informed through an unexpected conversation with Will that he is not going to marry Shay anymore; he is now going to marry Christa. I asked what happened and he tells me that Shay plays with Austin now. He wasn't upset... that's just how it is. He's happy enough to be in *love* with Christa now.

Today Deborah picked Will up from school and informs me that Shay kissed Will! She also tells me that after he told her about it Will added, "Austin wasn't at school today." My little boy is the other man! LOL!

I asked him where she kissed him. He points to his lips and and then says, "I mean here," pointing to his cheek.

Me: Just how many times did she kiss you??
Will replies matter-o-factly, "About six."

Hmmm.

Me: Are you ok with her kissing you?
Will: Yes.
Me: Did you kiss her?
Will: No, I hugged her.
Me: Ok. Well, as long as you are ok with her kissing you...

Then I think, "Is this really the answer I need to give my boy? If you're ok with it then it's ok?"

I was not expecting to have this conversation today or this year even! I know it's all very innocent and harmless right now, but I suppose I need to start thinking about addressing this issue soon. Soon he will be chasing girls and trying to kiss them. Before I know it he'll be a teen and we'll be having much harder conversations!

Seems like today is the day for discussions with kids... bullying is covered over at Take90West today... another topic yet to be discussed at my house.

When did these kids start growing up?!! I'm not ready! I'm not I tell you. I better get ready, though. Maybe I should go back to Boo.ksAMi.llion and get a book on this...


post signature

1 comment:

laurel said...

Talk about not being ready for them to grow up! Stacy had a kid in her class today arrested for trying to sell drugs at school. Get this: she teaches FOURTH GRADE!!!
It's absolutely insane. My prayers for my boys get longer every night!