Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm Big-Time Now!

Sarah at My Life with Boys and Mom24 at Heritage Academy have bestowed the same award upon my blog in the same week! And it's my first bloggy award! I am so honored and so shocked! Thank you, thank you! Just when I was starting to think I had nothing to blog about and that I was getting boring, along comes an award! Hmmm....

Anyway...

Here it is in all it's glory: EXCELLENT!



Now, with this award comes a certain responsibility; I must pass this award onto 10 other blogs that I think are EXCELLENT! Wow, 10! That's a lot. Do I check out enough blogs to award 10? Let's see...

In no particular order, of course...

1. Happy at Home- Laurel is simplifying her life and loving it! She and I are real-life friends and apparently living parallel lives.

2. Take90West
Lisa is HILARIOUS! I mean, really... how does she pull of talking about Turkey Testicles?

3. NotBefore7
Mary seems to be a kindred soul of mine. I "heart" Mary. She's a great blogger with three kids. We talk antibiotics, the bible, and other kinds of adult conversation. I have really enjoyed getting to know her and including my Tiny Talkers on her weekly carnival.

4. UnplugYourKids
Mom Unplugged has a really "current" blog. What I mean by that is, she's always got something going on over there for a great conversation or read: today it's a Target ad, but it's been lead toys, book and toy recommendations, charitable children, lots of interesting things. I feel like a real person when I'm at her blog, not just a mom. Oh, and of course she's been helpful with the whole unplugging my kids thing, too, with her Unplugged Projects.

5. Money Saving Mom
I'm just getting started in my quest to be more frugal, but if you are interested in saving some money... head over to this blog right now! I can't tell you how informative her blog is on saving! She's got a CVS 101 post, too, in case you're like me as I didn't have a clue how to "play the game". I visit her blog daily, well, I suppose it's more lurking than visiting! :)

6. Crunchy Chicken
Environmental junkie? Well, proabably. I love this blog because it's not your normal "be kind to the environment". She comes up with some crazy challenges and has fun while doing it! Personally, I've taken the Diva Cup Challenge and was surprised to have made the switch! I am currently participating in the Freeze Yer Buns challenge. If you head over there, don't bother telling her I sent you... she'll have no idea who I am as I just lurk about over there, too...

7. OrgJunkie
I lurk here, too, except on (most) Mondays when I participate in her Meal Plan Monday. I'm also getting ready for her Monthly Organizing Round-up... I hope to be an ACTIVE participant in that (as does Jeff, I am sure!).

8. Keeper of the Home
A blog new to me and I just introduced myself to her this past week. (At least I'm not lurking EVERYWHERE). Very interesting posts about what you would expect... keeping the home: saving money, feeding babies, being a mom, cooking, etc. A great place to pop in for some positiveness. (I guess that's a word as spell check didn't yell at me...)

9. Redefining Sanity
Oh, Lulu... Lulu is another real-life friend. I must say one of the best friends I will ever have. She tolerates me well. :) Lulu is a mother of three and she is wise beyond her years. She is one of the most intelligent people I know. This girl has got some brains! She is so down to earth though. She writes just like she speaks. She's new to personal blogging, so head over and check her out. You can tell her that I sent you, because she'll know who I am... oh, will she ever know! :)

10. Cooking for Mara
I really like this blog because it has been so helpful for me in our dairy-free journey. She deals with more allergens than I do, but does it with such a loving heart and makes it sound so easy. For some healthy cooking ideas or more on dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free living, head on over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obviously a portion of these 10 bloggers have no idea that I exist, but I think they are EXCELLENT! Those that do know me, well, I think they are REALLY EXCELLENT because they deal with me and my randomness.

Some of you have already received this award - so be it. If you feel the need to nominate 10 more bloggers, go ahead. If not, just know that I think you're EXCELLENT!

If you haven't received this award before, well, good! I'm the first to tell you how EXCELLENT you are! Go tell the world about your top 10 EXCELLENT blogs.

Go! Spread the word!

YOU! ARE! EXCELLENT!
(and so am I! LOL!)


post signature

14 comments:

Crystal Paine said...

Thank you so much, Becky! You are very kind. :) Pass the savings on!

laurel said...

I would like to thank my mother and father, without whom, I would never have existed. I would also like to thank my dear husband, and my three boys, for making me crazy and loving me anyway. Most of all, I want world peace. They said I couldn't do it, couldn't be anybody (sniff, sniff), but you believed in me. I would like to dedicate this award to all the other mother's out there, who want to blog, but just can't find the time. This award is for you!!! (award is raised high above my head, with a look of triumph in my eyes. Cue exit music). :) Seriously, thank you for the award. This is my first award too, and I am very flattered. You are a sweet friend.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me! What a nice surprise! I am glad you got the "Excellent" award because you ARE excellent!

I was having a case of writer's block about tomorrow's post so thanks for giving me a subject.

And thank you especially, for all your kind words about my blog. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! Enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Look at you with your excellent self!

Thank you for the award...and thank you for thinking I am excellent! I think you're not so bad yourself.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Girl, you know I so feel the same about you and this blog! (as does the hubby...BWHAHAHA) But seriously, thanks for including me on the list with these other "excellent blogs".

Crunchy Chicken said...

Most excellent! Thanks!

And I know who you are, you are not a very effective lurker :)

Laura said...

Well how nice!! Thank you so much and I look forward to seeing the pictures of your organized kitchen at the end of February!!

Julie B said...

aww, thank you so much! I feel so honored! Congrats to you as well-I have really enjoyed reading your blogs and so glad I have found them!

I will pass this award on soon, I promise!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so awesome!

Andrea said...

My 3 Boybarians tagged me with this and others. Since YOU are definately EXCELLENT, I tagged you also. I know you're too bausy for so many tags but just wanted you to know that I enjoy your blog greatly!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award! Take90West is one of my favorites too.

Thanks for stopping by my blog during the giveaway carnival, hope you will visit again.

heidi @ ggip said...

Congratulations on your award!

Anyhow, Hi! I'm around visiting the blogs of people who entered my contest. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you feel welcome to visit again anytime.

I actually am a SAHM with a chemistry background too. Not engineering though.

Lulu said...

How sweet of you! I often introduce you in a conversation by saying that you are one of those people that no matter what stage of my life I ever met you in, you would be one of my closest friends. I'm honored to know you and doubly honored that you get me whether I'm writing or speaking.

laurel said...

Ok, dumb question. How do I get that award symbol on my blog? I am all ready to "pass the torch" but can't figure out how to get that symbol!! Help, please! :)